Saturday, August 11, 2007

Question for Expert Moms out there



I have created some poor habits for my little guy. I pretty much feed him to sleep for naps and bedtime. I am trying to break this habit, but it is hard. I have to wrestle him down for over an hour every night. Also, after a few hours, he wakes up and I usually feed him back to sleep (in bed with me). I know, I am weak, but I don't mind it. I just know that I need to get him in to his own bed eventually. It would be much easier if he slept through the night, but he isn't even close. I have read Babywise, but it is pretty much opposite of everything I have done up until this point. I really don't like to just let him cry it out. Any suggestions?

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Totally don't know either but my go to book was "The Baby Whisperer solves all your problems" volume 2 of the "secrets of the baby whisperer." It has a more gentler approach than "Baby Wise" but I'm not sure I haven't tried it so I'm not sure. I am one of those who just got lucky with a good sleeper (don't hate me). Hope you/Elijah get some zzzzs soon!

Gavin's Mama said...

We are in the same boat, I do the same thing!!! Oh well, I have read all the books, they dont work for us. We are not allowed to let Gavin cry for long periods of time, so I have to get him/feed him/let him sleep with us. Hopefully they will grow out of it! ;)

TulipGirl said...

Why is it a "bad habit" to nurse a baby to sleep? There are components in milk that relax a baby. . . And adults drink a glass of warm milk to help them sleep.

Really, it seems so pounded into our heads as mothers that feeding a baby before bed is "bad" when really it makes more sense to fill up a tummy before bedtime so baby sleeps sounder.